Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mission Log: 14 July 2012


So this was my last week at the MTC. It's weird how quickly 2 months goes by. It's even weirder how much different I am than I was two months ago. I was done with the college thing before I got here so I stupidly assumed my soul searching phase of life would take it down a knotch. I was mostly anticipating 2 months of Spanish and a test of my patience with a bunch of 19 year old boys, and at some points it was, but overall it was this beautiful growing period where I was presented with countless opportunites to change and become better than I ever was before. AND I learned that this process of growth never has to stop, what fun. I learned how hard I am on myself and how much I had been limiting myself with that habit. I learned that I can love just about anyone. I thought a lot about my little brother and how stinking awesome he is. I'm starting to understand the atonement and how incredibly far reaching it is. I'm starting to understand how dear and special my upbringing was. I'm starting to better appreciate the knowledge I have always had that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me and has a plan for me, and all His children. Seriously, life is so beautiful and so wonderful. Truly.
 
It's hard to write these little e-mails sometimes because I don't know how to fit a week worth of happenings into 30 minutes worth of typing. Like, for example, earlier this week when we had a fire scare at midnight that kept us outside until 1:30 am. There was one girl who was suffering from such severe migraines at the time that the noise sent her into some sort of fit that should could not for the life of her come out of. She just sat on the floor sobbing, covering her ears, and rocking back and forth while other girls ran frantically around her to get out of the building. Eventually A Hungarian sister and I had to carry her down a flight of stairs, that rocking, sobbing creature that she was, and then a fireman eventually helped us the rest of the way. It scared me half to death, and there was so little I could do...and then after a few hours it was over and we were back in bed. Or there was the day that I met a girl from California who joined the church when she was 18 after years of crazy and hating her life, and now she's here on a mission and can't wait to tell everyone in the Phillipines how happy she is and how much her life is changed. How do I fit all the comfort and joy I felt in my conversation with her into a few short sentences in an e-mail that will eventually be posted on my blog? I'm not sure.
 
Basically every day I talk about or am taught about the gospel. I am reminded about my Savior's love for me and my Heavenly Father's plan for me. I continually study scriptures that teach that God answers prayers and that obedience to laws and commandments brings happiness. And it's all true. And I'm happy. And I hope I can be sincere enough and ready enough to tell people that when I meet them in just a few short days in New Jersey. I hope if nothing else that they can feel a small piece of what I feel. I am so excited.
 
And now my 30 minutes are gone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment