Thursday, January 21, 2010

I enter the blogging world

I'm taking a family history class this semester, and we were required to choose from a list of pertinent semester projects. Some of the options included compiling journals from relatives, doing geneaology and temple work _x_ amount of generations back, compiling my own history, or start a blog. Since I have family history guru's on both sides, most of the stuff mentioned has already been done, and I would feel like a dead beat for taking an A based on the work they did. So here I sit, starring down a computer screen, ready to type in my life happenings into this little box for my future generations, and the rest of the internet world, to read. Huzzah.


2010 is still pretty fresh, and I am still amazed by the fact that I have a very vivid memory of the happenings over the past decade, and so with out further ado I present a decade of highlights:


2000:
  • 5th grade science class: the albino rats, the pig project, the cow tounge
  • The strike on the hill, we were way to cool to be forced to run around at recess
  • Fort Basketball games
  • 5th Grade graduation, first class to graduate from the new school
  • Starting middle school, more importantly, learning to play the flute

2001:

  • The traumatic "my friend stabbed me in the back" experience
  • Jari/Corrie/Emily sleepovers
  • My las year with Eisenhower soccer, combining with the rival soccer team to become "Vipers United"
  • Moving from 22nd flute to 6th flute right before the concert, which means I got to sit on the front row for the concert.
  • The train song
  • The perm
  • The music festival
  • The fires, and yard remodeling
2002
  • Middle school volleyball
  • The diagnosis, the tears, the visits, the funeral, and trying not to laugh through the grandkids song because I really don't handle sad situations well at all.
  • Cleaning through the home of a pack rat
  • Moving to Florida. Rain. Lizards. Black people.
2003
  • Atlanta trip
  • Flute solo competition for Mrs. Rose
  • Moving again, Ocala
  • The shoe game
2004
  • Riding in cars with Amanda McKinney
  • After school adventures with Becky
  • Annalee went to Brazil
  • Zoom
  • Mutual activities
  • First EFY, the purple bow tie club
  • Braces
2005
  • More High School, I think I purposely forgot a lot of that
  • Scored my first goal of my 8 year soccer career (I'm a defender)
  • I was in the same EFY group as Blake, strange
  • Brazil
  • Brazilian family, noise, Frances beach, fried cheese, pineapple drinks, churassco
  • My first concert, Saia Rodada
  • My first kiss
  • New Years Eve in white on the beach
  • Lunches at Tia Vaniha's
2006
  • Moved back to the US
  • Worked for Brazen (Teen Abstinence Program)
  • Went on my first date
  • Was introduced to and fell in love with Gus Gus the Nissan. We've been going 3 years strong.
  • I was made seminary president...I made a cute sign for the classroom. It's still hanging there.
  • I went to my first Russ New Year's Eve fire
2007
  • I had my first boyfriend
  • Psychology class with Mr. Gwynn...better known as Gwynnbo, or Gwynn Green
  • I started to hang out with the FPP, which means I was introduced to Moe monday, the limepits, Sister Russ' cinnamon rolls, late night/early morning Denny's runs, Mamba Jamba, snorkeling, and I skipped my senior prom to go to Wet'n'Wild...and got kicked out
  • I swam with dolphins
  • I graduated from high school, and haven't looked back since
  • My family and I went on a vacation to Aspen Grove...I realized how brown I really am
  • I went to the Beach Trip with the Russ'
  • I turned 18, and saw Cirque du Soleil for the first time
  • We made a crazy gingerbread village for Christmas
2008
  • I drove 2356 miles away from home to go to BYU-Idaho
  • I planned an international food and dance festival
  • I later planned a luau and officially decided that polynesians are my favorite people on this earth
  • I auditioned to be a character for Disney World, I didn't get the gig, but the audition process was awesome
  • I worked as a Professor of Imagination at Walt Disney World, EPCOT
  • I watched a lot of fireworks
  • I watched seasons 1-4 of LOST in one month
  • I voted for the first time, in a Presidential election
  • I saved a baby sea turtle on my 19th birthday
2009
  • I drove from Florida to Idaho without my mother...and made it
  • I managed the school's humanitarian service project, and later coordinated that same project along with the blood drive
  • I explored through some ice caves
  • I went through a really rough experience and realized again how grateful I am for the gospel in my life
  • I decided to be a Political Science major
  • I went to Disneyland...a lot
  • I went to Vegas a lot
  • I went on the most amazing road/camping/hiking trip of my life with one of my most favorite sister
  • I went to New York for the first time
  • I stopped being a teenager, and had a funeral for my teenage years
  • I served as a council member for a program called Student Spirit Events, and it changed my life
Just simple memories that probably don't mean anything to anyone but me. I just think it's crazy that I've come from being a 5th grader who sat on top of a hill, with her classmates, protesting against being forced to exercise during recess (oh the beginnings of puberty, and stinky sweat) to a 20 year girl who lives in Idaho, is considered a "student leader," and enjoys discussions that revolve around foreign affairs. I guess now's the part where I make goals for the next year and do my very best to a) remember them and b) complete them...here goes nothing

  1. Read the Book of Mormon in Spanish
  2. Find and internship
  3. Record my adventures
  4. (and for the sake of family history class) Find a member of my family whose temple work hasn't been done, and do it!
Here goes nothing

1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you, Jari! You have already done amazing things with your life. Keep up the good work.

    In our opinion, it's not "here goes nothing" but here comes a bright and wonderful miracle!

    We're so happy to be a part of your wonderful family. And we love being a loud part of your cheering crowd!!!!

    We love you,

    Uncle Harvey and Aunt Rebecca

    ReplyDelete