Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunshine after the rain

Some weeks are hard. Plain and simple, they're just hard. After a hard week I am so much more appreciative of my Sunday. Taking time to rest and ponder is so necessary. All week long I was dreading having to write up things that made me happy this week; and I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to think of any. Good news, I was wrong.

1. Newborn babies: I know I mentioned this last week, but a week ago today I was holding little Andrew in my arms. I still can't believe how much love I had for that sweet, perfect, little person. I'm not even related to him technically, but I love him. Anyone who can look at a newborn and say there isn't a God is crazy-cakes, seriously.

2. Old friends: Growing up my family moved around a lot so I don't have a lot of people who I can call "old friends." However I do have some. I was able to have dinner with Becky Weaver this week, my best friend from high school. It was fun to sit and talk about how much we've changed since we were 14 and watched Zoom on the weekends. Growing up has it's perks, like making fun of your younger self with others who were just as dumb as you. I look forward to the day when I can look back on these years and laugh at all the silly things I do.

3. Annalee and Blake Russ: These two are my saving grace. Living at home isn't exactly exciting and definitely gets lonely sometimes, but I never get tired of hanging out with those two. They help me laugh at my faults rather than feel burdened by them. They cater to my humor and make the most clever jokes. We have actual conversations, which I don't feel like happens much these days. I find so much pleasure in just sitting around and talking, they deliver.

4. Busy: I'm a busy busy girl. Working 6 days a week makes time go by rather quickly, and I'm so glad for that. Plus, I get to work with my daddy-o. I love that man! And I'm starting to have people recognize me at the gym, that means I must be going an adequate amount. Throw in some institute, and my schedule is jam packed. I like it.

5. Paperwork: Call me crazy, but I love filling out paperwork. If there's a form to fill out please-oh-please let me do it! Lucky me, I've had lots of things to fill out lately. Call me strange, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

6. Friends: I'm so grateful for friends in my life. Being a friend is not always easy; it takes patience, love, service, and sometimes a lot of listening. I am so lucky to have good friends who take the time to call me, to make me feel loved and appreciated, who encourage me to be my best self, who make me laugh and remind me that everything is going to be okay. I am truly blessed with the friends in my life.

7. EFY CDs: Thank you for calming me down when I have road rage.

8. Trials: I don't like you, but I like the person you force me to become.

9. The Mormon Bachelor: Thank you for being the perfect amount of sappy for me to claim you as a secret obsession.

10. Prayer: I'm finally grasping the magnitude of this blessing. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who listens to the prayers of a distressed 21 year old, who is far more prideful and stubborn than she should be. I am grateful for the spirit that accompanies sincere and fervent prayer. I am grateful the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I know that he is aware of me, that he cares for me, and that he wants what is truly best for me. I recognize that this sometimes means that I have to endure hard things, and I'm glad he has confidence in me that I will succeed in those challenges. I am mostly grateful for the companionship of his spirit to bring me comfort through it all.

11. Michael Buble: So I can quote this "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feeling good."

1 comment:

  1. Michel Buble really knows how to put it doesn't he. Hang in there..I know you will, you are strong and good and you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete