Monday, January 31, 2011

Jari Standard Time

I run on Jari Standard Time. Novel idea, I know. But, it's true. Sometimes I have this obsessive need to be really early to things. Other times I want to be late, even to the point where I tell myself and everyone else that I will show up, and then never do. Then I have the random mixture of showing up right on time, fashionably late, slipping in without being noticed, or just misinterpreting time all together. I can't even read a standard clock. That was just a really drawn out way of apologizing for late sunshine.

Here's another obscure apology. My camera has been MIA for a loooong time now. So long that I should probably just give up and get a new one, but I'm still holding out a little hope...Maybe I'll get a new camera one day though. A really nice one. Then I'll learn all about photoshop and graphic design and become a wizard of these talents. Then I'll produce a beautiful blog that readers from all over the country will ooh and awe over. Of course I'll fake modesty perfectly and say things like "stop it, you're too nice, really."

Until then I will use obscure google images finds and somehow tie them into what I decide to talk about. Like this:

Sunshine at the end of the tunnel (just call me Mrs. Wordplay)

1. Overtime: Say it with me "Ca-ching!"

2. Feeling loved: Sometimes when people love us they make us accept to do hard things. I'm so glad they do. It forces us to grow and learn and depend on our Heavenly Father. So thank you loving people, thank you hard things, thank you opportunity. Now, it's time for me to show you who's boss.

3. EFY interview: Just take awesome people, meaningful discussion, improv games, laughter and the spirit of charity in a mixing bowl and stir. Also the interviewer remembered me from last year, plus.

4. Nights with the Santos Family: I love my family. No. Seriously. They're the best. Friday night we all went out to dinner and then followed it up with a rousing evening at the clinic. Dad irrigated my and Annalee's ears. I screamed a lot, I think that was Dad's favorite part. Adam got a shot in the bum. Then for the grand finale Blake got the toe nails from both of his big toes removed. Ouch! I love talking to them, laughing with them, standing around for hours racing from one topic to another and laughing the whole time. Love. It is love.

5. Accepting the unknown by making decisions anyway: FSU may (I repeat MAY, as it POSSIBLY, as in NOT DEFINITE) save my life. Maybe. I'm playing with the idea of spending a semester there in the fall, but that's just one of many many ideas I have. We'll see where I actually end up come September. I guess I'm just trying to say that realizing this option made me feel a lot less stressed this week.

6. This did not happen last week: Adam, best brother ever! I was having a sad day, and tried to snuggle with him earlier. He's 17 and so obviously was not down for a sister on his shoulder, so he left the house. Lame. BUT homeboy didn't forget about me and my silly bummer mood. Later tonight he came barging in the door blaring "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're always a day away." Complete with Annie as back up, thank you IPhone. It put me in a fit of giggles and completely cheered me up. Favorite brother award? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment