Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sun

Crazy week. So busy. So happy.

1. I have a job. I have a steady pay check. I'm getting out of debt. I may not like it, but it's so good to me. Speaking of work, pay day happened this week. Happy.

2. My sister is the best. I love that I can tell her anything and everything. It doesn't matter how ridiculous, biased, or plain wrong I may be about what I'm saying, she'll listen. Sometimes she'll even laugh at my jokes, how flattering. After years and years of sharing a room with that girl I have no barriers with her, and her company is always refreshing. Also, her husband is the best. I love spending Tuesday evenings with them.

3. Krispy Kreme doughnuts. First of all, their deliciousness knows no bounds. Second of all the people who are attracted to the glory of Krispy Kreme are super nice. I had no cash (that's right, no cash for a 99 cent doughnut) and the card machine was broken. Of course my doughnut had been devoured before I even reached this part of the exchange, but a friendly stranger handed me a dollar with a smile. I love nice strangers.

4. Defrumpification.
I have bangs on my face. Apparently they make me look 13? I don't care, I like them.

5. The Biggest Loser. Probably my favorite television show ever. It's the only television I make time for these days actually. I just really like watching people change their lives for the better. Maybe one day I'll be brave and kick my bad habits to the curb. Until then, I'll just cheer on the contestants.

6. When I'm reading my scriptures and thoughts like "homegirl, prayer isn't a magic-8 ball" come to my mind, and I attribute them to the spirit.

7. This talk it's from the December Ensign so it has a Christmasy vibe to it, but is completely applicable to daily life. My goal for the week is to fear not.

8. Praise by song. One of my dearest friends, Sue Hunter, is the stake youth choir director. In preparation for stake conference she has put together some songs focusing on faith in Christ. She has asked the Young Single Adults to join the choir as well, so I did. The spirit is so strong as we sing, and I really don't have the right words to express the feelings and the special testimony that is felt through song. Instead I'll borrow the lyrics "Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives. I know that my Redeemer lives!"

9. Blog stalking. That's right. I read your blog, your relative's blog, your college friend's blog. I read 'em all. I'm obsessed and I don't care who knows it. It's amazing and hilarious the types of things people choose to publish on the internet. Although, I guess I'm one to talk.

1 comment: