Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Sunshine

You know, some days I just sit back and think "could my life be any better?" sometimes after I think that my life gets dramatically worse and then I wonder why I would ever jinx it like that. But sometimes it really does get better, and just keeps getting better and better. Oh, I love those sometimes. This week there were a couple of those.

EFY: I now will definitely be working 3 weeks. I may pick up a couple more, but 3 weeks suits me just fine. 3 weeks of games, junk food, scripture study, cows, dancing, testifying, learning new things, meeting new people, convincing teenagers that the standards are awesome...oh how much I love efy.

Africa: So I've been terrified for months trying to figure out where I would live in Africa. Nothing seemed to be coming together. So I sent out a facebook cry for help (it was more of an outlet to complain, but something actually came of it). Next I was messaging a girl from South Africa whose grandmother rents rooms and has a preference for mormon tenants. Awesome, there was only one problem, she lives too far away from the UN office for me to walk to work. After exhausting all my other options I decided to call this sweet South African, mormon grandma. I now have a place to live, someone to drive me to church, someone to drive me to work, American home teachers, university age roommates, dinner every night, and a ride to work every morning. Talk about a blessing! I am so so so grateful. Now I just need my internship coordinator to e-mail me back and I'll be in business.

Florida: The weather is perfect outside, seriously perfect. I ate my dinner outside, read my scriptures out side, let the dog roam around outside. It was so delightful. Another thing I love about Florida, pet names. I love being called baby, sugar, honey, sweetheart, and beautiful by complete strangers. So comforting in such a weird and simple way.

Clean sheets: My bed smells like a meadow.

Ideas: My brain is always buzzing with a new idea. I've got some good ones stewing in there. We'll see where they take me, but I really do believe the cliche "anything is possible."

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing: Listened to it lately? You should.

Countdowns: 4 days until I'm done at work, 5 days until Courtney, Israel and Disney, 39 days until I leave for Africa (I was off on last weeks count), 131 days until EFY...ok all those numbers are exciting except for the last one. I try to live my life in the present, but sometimes the future is so exciting I can't help myself.


1 comment:

  1. you forgot one...23 days till your favorite friend comes to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete