Sunday, March 27, 2011

So long, farewell

By the end of the week I will be living in South Africa. Here to be exact: Pretoria, South Africa. Take a moment and let that sink in. Pretoria is one of the country's three capitals, it serves as the executive national capital. The climate is subtropical, so it won't be too big of a shock coming from Florida. The people speak Afrikaans and English, this is also a plus. Thank you CIA World Factbook. From what I hear the place is beautiful, I'm going at a great time of year, and there's a good chance that I won't be harmed. For those who don't know, I'm going to work as an intern for the United Nations Information Centre (and yes, I have to spell it that way). I'm pretty excited about it. It's amazing the little things I'm aware of as I'm getting ready to leave. People are so willing to serve and help in anyway they can. I'm more aware of my family and the support they are, and always have been in my life. I'm aware of the blessings of living in the United States and am so grateful for the freedoms and opportunities that exist here. So here's to adventure, here's to travel, here's to working hard in an profession that I adore, here's to proving to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to, cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Jari I love your blog! I will miss you! I hope you enjoy Africa, and please don't get eaten by a lion! And if you have the chance you should ride a giraffe!!!

    ReplyDelete