Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mission Log: 06 Aug 2012


AUGUST? WHAT?!  I don't understand what happens with time. I go to bed at night and when I wake up it's a new month. I'm not okay with how quickly time is passing. I need a chance to catch my breath. 

What to say about this week. It's summer time in New Jersey. I may or may not sing "summer stinks and winter's waiting" in my head every single morning. If you know Newsies then enjoy having that stuck in your head the rest of the day. BUT IT'S TRUE. Summer is hot and humid and stinky. Remember the trash I was talking about? Yeah, stinky. It's great though, because it makes a lot of the people I talk to really mad. They hate the trash and they talk about how we should take care of the earth...then Sister Lowry and I start talking about how the earth is a gift from God and we definitelyshould take care of it, and before they realize what's happening we're saying a prayer with them outside on those stinky streets. It happens a lot, and I love it. 

Oh, and I feel like I should get a medal or a sticker or something. This week I got my first door slammed in my face. Yay! I'm a real missionary, it's official. It was a Greek family, the daughter answered the door...then quickly slammed it. Then went and got her mom, who filled the entire door frame, and she screamed and yelled and pushed until we got all the way off her porch and down the street. It made me laugh more than anything. She was obviously a cranky woman and all I wanted to do was tell her how she could be happy forever. If nothing else I hope she feels a little bit bad about it and then as some form of restitution let's the next missionaries who knock her door come in. That would be nice. Either way I survived the experience. I didn't even cry. 

Honestly though, this was a really great week. We taught A LOT of lessons to a lot of different people. Here's an idea. If you want to know what my week was like you should call the missionaries and ask them to come teach you about the Restoration of the Gospel, The Plan of Salvation, or the Doctrine of Christ. That's what I did all week. So hang out with the missionaries for a little bit, learn something good, and then times it by 30 and you'll have my week in a nutshell. 

No really, go do that. You won't regret it, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment