Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mission Log: 04 Sept 2012

It's September. It's my month! I really do love September, and from what I hear Jersey does Autumn right, I'm excited to see it. 


This week, like almost every other missionary week, has just flown by. Poof. Gone. 

If I've learned anything this week, it's this:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6

It's one of my all time favorite scriptures, but I feel like I always have to re-learn the principle, and I probably will for the rest of my life have to keep learning that principle. It's true though. Heavenly Father has a plan, a perfect plan. Sometimes I fight against it because it's hard, or it's painful, or I would rather do other things, but in the end I'm always happiest when I just let him guide. When God wins I win too, always. Change is a funny little thing. We get so attached to who we are and we just don't want to change. The girl I was before my mission was my favorite person in the whole world. It took a lot of time and effort to build her into that person, and I liked her a lot. Then I became a missionary and somethings had to change. It feels like I'm literally being carved into the person Heavenly Father wants me to be. Parts have to be cut away. Some parts just shaved a little, or just smoothed out. Other parts have to be completely cut off, never to be used in the final masterpiece of the woman I will one day be. And getting parts of me cut off HURTS! But it's okay, because I know it will be better. I know in the end that I won't even miss that cut off part...I don't know if I'm making sense and I don't have time to proof read and check..so I'm just going to assume that you know what I mean and go with it. 

In completely unrelated news...

We played volleyball with some ward members yesterday. One of the boys showed up with a shirt that said "Bring it Santos" on the front and "Bring it Lowry" on the back. It's not really that big of a deal, but it made me laugh hysterically. Let it be known that his volleyball skills definitely outdid mine, well done Jonathan. 

And now my time is gone. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment