Monday, September 10, 2012

Mission Log: 9 Sept. 2012



LUIS GOT BAPTIZED! So much happy! It was such a beautiful baptism. Our ward really went out of their way to make him feel special and welcome. It was just the best day. I love how much peace and joy is felt any time anyone does anything that brings them closer to Christ and baptism is definitely a huge part of that. Oh, what a special day, a day never to be forgotten. This is one of those times when words completely fail me. You just need to come live inside my heart for a little bit to understand it all. Just come on in and feel all the warmth that is a direct result of pure joy. 

Want to know what else is wonderful? The members in my ward. Yesterday a ward member invited us over to teach some of his friends. He ended up bearing the more beautiful testimony ever. He was bold, because he knows that he has the truth, and he wants his friends to have the truth too. He wants them to feel how much their Heavenly Father loves them. So he told them everything he felt, he testified that God is our Father. He testified that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. He testified that God restored His gospel through a prophet and that we can be edified and renewed as we attend church. Then he invited them to come to church with him. He invited them 4 different times I think. They said no for the first bit, and every time they did he would just bear his testimony again, he would tell them how much the gospel has changed his life and how happy he is. The Spirit in the room was so strong and it was just incredible. I love people who know the truth and who can't help but share it...the truth literally bursts from them. It's wonderful and I love being there when it happens. This beautiful family is going to come to church next Sunday because their friend loved them enough to share the gospel with them. I'm so grateful. Seriously, my life is wonderful. Every day there is just more and more wonderful. I love it. 

On a completely different note, today I turned into a dragon. After we got our clothes out of the dryer Hermana Lowry threw them all on the floor and then brought me a big blanket...she told me the blanket was my dragon wings and told me to lay down on my treasure (and pointed at all the clothes on the floor). Then she told me that I'm a new dragon, and something that I need to know about dragons is that their hearts are made of fire, and that it warms everything a dragon touches. Gold is the best thing for holding a dragon's heat, and that's why a dragon always has to have a heap of treasure. Gold makes the best bed for a dragon, the most comfortable. So I snuggled up in my little dragon bed, with my new dragon wings, and I laughed a little dragon laugh while I sat on top of my treasure. Our life is fun, and you're jealous, you know it. 

Have a great week. 

With all the love of my fiery dragon heart,

Hermana Santos 

No comments:

Post a Comment