Monday, March 18, 2013

Mission Log: 18 March 2013

I hope everyone had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day. My companions and I all wore green to church and were looking very festive. Apparently the only other people who got the memo were the grandmothers in the congregation...which worked out well for us. They were all so excited to see that we dressed up that we got extra hugs. I love hugs!

Also, my favorite Brazilian woman, Zelia, is home from  her trip to Florida (lucky lady!). She came dancing down the hall and grabbed me in a huge hug. She started introducing me to an elder that was teaching her previously and told him all about how I'm her favorite. It made me laugh, I love how cute she is. I'm pretty sure she and I are best friends. When I grabbed one of her hands she shook a little because they were really cold. She told me, "sweetheart, I knew you had a warm heart...but if your hands are that cold your heart must be on fire!! Well, actually, that makes sense." I started laughing so hard. I just want to shrink her down and carry her around in my pocket, I love her. 

Mostly, I just want anyone who reads this to know that I really love the gospel of Jesus Christ. My life is full of joy because of the gospel. It is my greatest treasure. I love my Savior. I am so grateful to Him for his sacrifice so that I can receive forgiveness for my sins, but also so that I can receive help and guidance in trials, so that I can feel the love and comfort that He has to offer. I know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers, I know He does the same for each one of you. Isn't that wonderful? I am so glad to know it, I am so honored to share that precious knowledge. Life is a joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment