Monday, March 4, 2013

Mission Log: 04 March 2013


I love New Jersey. It's crazy, and there's a lot of road rage, and they have these things called jug-handles that destroy my already terrible sense of direction, but I love this state!

I love the people. I love the food. I love the trees. I love the buildings. I love how sassy everyone is. I love the absurd number of Florida license plates. I love that I get to learn things about the entire world without leaving a single apartment complex. I love the people that I have met and continue to meet each day. 

I think I've given a piece of my heart to this crazy little place. I'm pretty sure Jersey is mine forever. 

Training a new missionary is an incredible experience. I feel like I'm being stretched in a million different directions, but someone I'm made equal to the task. 

Before I came of my mission I thought I knew a lot about love. I thought I knew how to love others. I thought it was a talent of mine even. Being a missionary has taught me more about love than I thought was possible to learn. I have learned about heartbreak, I've learned about true rejoicing, I've learned how to listen, I've learned how to trust, and I'm just going to keep on learning and keep giving my whole heart to everyone I meet. And the strange thing is that there will always be enough of my heart to give. There is no end to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment