Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mission Log: 20 May 2013

Sometimes life is full of tender mercies. I have been craving banana bread for my entire mission, but I haven’t had the time to make it. I was telling my companions about how much I want banana bread and how banana bread reminds me of my dad and I went on and on about all things delicious, wonderful, and banana bread. That same day one of our members texted us and said that she had a ton of left over cupcakes and asked if we wanted them. Of course we want left over cupcakes, this woman literally bakes for a living, and her food is delicious! When we got there it turns out that they were banana bread cupcakes AND they were frosted with dulce de leche. It was perfect. Not a big deal, sure, but for me it came as a small reminder that God is aware of both or needs and our wants. He can take care of the tiniest things, like my craving for banana bread—surely He can and will take care of all other things, if we but trust Him.
Sometimes when the storms of life start beating down on us we are quick to ask “Master, carest thou not that we perish?” I love the Master’s response. He, who has power to control and calm all things, calms the storm and then inquires as to the faith of his friends.
Developing faith is often difficult, but I know that prayer and taking the scriptures seriously help. I know that the Lord wants what is best for us. I know that there is a purpose to all things that we experience in life. I know that if we are faithful and obedient that joy is ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment