Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mission Log: 10 June 2013


I love senior missionaries because they take care of important things, like making sure that we celebrate national donut day!
There is an abundance of stray underwear on the streets in this state!
Martha being stubborn and not taking pictures
New Jersey Morristown Mission

Guillermo is so cool!


I don’t even know what to say about this week.
There was a lot of rain. I went to a lot of meetings.
I felt the Spirit. I think that’s probably the most important thing I can say about my week. There are a lot of changes going on in the mission, but also in my life individually and it was nice to feel the peace and calm that come from the companionship of the Holy Ghost. This morning I sat in my room and sang “Be Still My Soul” to myself. I have a picture of Christ that I look at while I study the scriptures and I just looked at the picture while I sang and then I found this scripture:
“And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.” (1 Nephi 17:3, the Book of Mormon)
I trust God to take care of me. I trust Him enough to be obedient and to choose to be happy. His plan has always shown to be way better than mine and I am grateful for opportunity after opportunity to learn how to be humble and by so doing learn how to be happy.
Tomorrow brings a new area, a new companion, and lots of new responsibility. Sounds like an adventure to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment