Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mission Log: 17 June 2013


meet the branch
Well, I’m training a new companion and we got doubled-in to a new area. Basically we’re both a little confused, but we’re happy. The branch where we are working is full of people who love the gospel and want to serve others around them. I love people with big hearts, they make me feel all kinds of loved and motivate me to be better.
We met an older woman this week who was just baptized at the beginning of the year. She loves the gospel. The first thing she told us is how glad she is that the missionaries taught her how to pray. She told us how she had always wanted to feel closer to God but that she didn’t know how. When the missionaries taught her how to pray her life changed. She doesn’t feel as lonely or forgotten. She knows that she has a Heavenly Father who loves and watches over her and she is eager to share her joy with everyone. She turned 82 yesterday and I’ve never met anyone who looks so happy and content with their life.
There is so much to learn from the people around us. If we open our ears and our hearts we will realize that we are surrounded by our brothers and sisters and that they can help us, comfort us, and encourage us. I am so grateful for the testimony of prayer that this sweet woman shared with me, she changed my life and she probably didn’t even realize—she was just talking about things that make her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment