Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mission Log: June 24, 2013

like I said, I spend a lot of time with the sisters.
 
We look cool, right?

I'm on a bike!
 

So, ignore the part where I look like a whal



e, more pictures, yay!


So every once in a while things happen and I think to myself, “is this real life?” Mostly they’re the moments that make me laugh the most. Like when we’re trying to find someone named Guadalupe but I say the name Carlos instead and my companions and I spend the next hour tracking down a man named Carlos who doesn’t actually exist.  Or when I get put in a makeshift trio for a day with two other sisters I’ve never served with, we find a stray dog, get bitten, and then finally find a nice Kenyan man who knows Mormons and is really grateful that we brought his dog back.
This week I rode a bike for the first time on my mission. It was so cool! I am the happiest when I am outside and being on a bike just made it that much better, aside from the part where I tried to talk on the phone at the same time and biffed it, but all is well!
This area is so different than anywhere else I have ever served. There are so many trees, and random critters everywhere, and lots of people let us help with yard work. I just feel happy all the time. The sun is out, the scenery is gorgeous, all the people are really nice. Actually, I just realized that I live around a lot of older people…I probably like it so much because it reminds me of home. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up in the retirement capital of the US. I can’t wait to be a little old, white-haired retired woman. I’m going to make lemonade, sit outside and tell my life stories to random passersby.
Anyway, all is well in Jersey. If you didn’t have a chance to watch “the work of salvation” then you should check it out! (http://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/special-broadcast) And if you did watch it, you should think of cool ways that you will apply what you learned. I love having a living prophet to help us apply the teachings of the gospel for our specific time. What a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment