Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mission Log: July 1, 2013

In the car going to JC
 Me really excited to be in Jersey City, Sister Steven...not so excited
 My favorite district. We were all in the same ward. We saw miracles all the time. The ward members were phenomenal. It was awesome. Yay Brunswick.


 Annalee, remember that one time you went to newsies without me? Yeah, me too!
 So I look exhausted, but look! I live/work at Jersey Shore.

  Walking to the temple
My District at the temple

 My companion is a beauty queen. For real.
 I have a weird bruise and everything thinks there is something seirously wrong with me. I just think I look like something off of alice in wonderland in this picture.


 Exchange with Sister Clark in the rain


I was in Jersey City all day today. It is weird to think that I was just there, but that it was a year ago. That area is so special to me. It’s where I learned to be a missionary. Being there today reminded me of all the hopes I had for myself when I started and I felt so excited to continue to work hard and grow and become a new creature in Christ. I’m still very much Jari, but a better version. I love repentance. I love change. I love letting go of bad habits and developing good ones. I love learning. I love the good examples of my friends. I love the good examples in the scriptures. I love incorporating what I learn from them in my own life. With all the joy I have felt on my mission there is no question in my mind that our Heavenly Father’s ultimate goal is to make us as happy as He is, but in order to accomplish that we must learn to enjoy the things that He enjoys. We must learn to love and serve and be obedient. We must learn patience. We must learn to enjoy hard work. We must learn to enjoy learning and expanding our capabilities. So much to experience, right?! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment