Monday, December 17, 2012

Mission Log: 17 December 2012

As of yesterday I have been a missionary for 7 months. I’m not quite sure how I got from the MTC to 7 months on a mission, but here I am.

Things like this always feel differently than you expect them too. It’s like when you wake up on your birthday and expect to feel different, but you don’t. Growth is such a gradual thing, if it weren’t for the occasional sharp growing pain I wouldn’t even know it was happening. I do know that I’ve changed though. I know that I feel differently about things than I ever used to. I don’t know how to explain it. I think my happiness is less flighty than it was before.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I aim to change the world. It has been my life long dream and I fully expect to accomplish it. The other day while I was studying I found this quote in Preach My Gospel: “Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family” – President Ezra Taft Benson.

If it isn’t already apparent enough the world is crazy. We all have a responsibility to do something about it. Would you like to know my suggestion? Be more like Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment