Monday, January 14, 2013

Mission Log: 14 Jan 2013


Just another week in the Garden State teaching people about God and when we follow His plan for us we are so HAPPY! 

More than anything this week I learned that God does hear and answer prayers. This week I've been focusing on having more purpose when I pray. Throughout my life I've always been really selfish in my prayers and I didn't really realize it. For the past little while I've really been seeking for ways to serve those around me and for inspiration and ideas on how to better align my life with what Heavenly Father wants for me. 

I've had some incredible experiences. If you weren't already aware, know this: if you are in a constant state of prayer it is nearly impossible to feel negative or doubtful. Praying continually, especially praying for others, adds value and purpose to your life. As we seek the Holy Ghost in our lives we find guidance, inspiration, and love from our Heavenly Father. 

I like what the Bibile Dictionary says about prayer: As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7–11). Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship. Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.

I hope you're having a wonderful week!

All my love,

Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment