Monday, January 28, 2013

Mission Log: 28 January 2013

This past week was the coldest week that New Jersey has had for the past two years (at least, that's what they tell me. let's be real I don't get to check the news so I'm just assuming that this is correct information, and you know what they say about assuming). Anyway, it was stinking cold! On Tuesday we had a couple appointments fall through and we were in a part of our area that we haven't really worked before. So, we started knocking doors. In 19 degree weather, and it was windy to boot. I actually thought I might die out there. I seriously don't think I've ever been so cold, ever. I mean I lived in Rexburg, but I think this is worse. Did I mention that it was cold? IT WAS SO COLD! So we're knocking doors and my companion was laughing at me because my door approach was getting more and more pathetic with every door we knocked. So I tried to be more enthusiastic at the next door. What ended up happening was the woman opened the door just slightly wide enough for me to fit through, and the next thing I knew I had ran right into her living room without even introducing myself...probably not the best idea I've ever had...but I don't even remember thinking it through, so I'm not going to feel guilty about it. She ended up being a really nice woman who let us teach her about the restoration of the gospel and then she asked us she could have a copy of the Bible and the Book of Mormon for herself. We said "OF COURSE!" and now we're teaching her, and hopefully her husband soon. 


So in case anyone was curious, yes I still am just as ridiculous as I have always been. It works for me.

In other news, I love the Book of Mormon. I started reading it again at the beginning of the year. I am reading with a theme of miracles, how to recognize them and how to invite them into my life. Miracles are everywhere! I love what it says in the Bible Dictionary about miracles: "...they are powers or mighty works, because they are the acts of One who is almighty; they are simply works, or the natural results of the Messiah’s presence among men; they are wonders, marvels, because of the effect produced on those who saw them." 

For real, miracles are happening in your life every day. If you ever doubt it, take some time to think about your day before you go to bed. Pay attention to how you have seen the hand of the Lord in your life. I promise that if you look for miracles in your life, you will find them! 

All my love,
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment