Monday, February 4, 2013

Mission Log: 4 February 2013


What happened with that groundhog? I'm really interested to know how much more winter I've got on my plate. I don't much like being cold, but I decided that I can put up with it because it helps me better appreciate all the glory of hot, humid summer days! 

Things in Jersey are going well. Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting so members from the congregation were all sharing their testimonies and feelings about the gospel. It was a powerful meeting. At one point a nine year old boy stood up and said he would like to share a story about how his knowledge of the gospel has helped him. He said that he was at school earlier in the week and all his friends were talking about the end of the world. One of his friends asked him if he is afraid of the end of the world and his response was "No, I know it is all part of God's plan and that if I do the things he asks of me that I will be safe." 

I LOVE the purity of children and how much confidence they have in the Lord. I want to have as much trust in God as that young boy, he's my hero of the week. 

I hope you are each having a wonderful week. 

All my love,

Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment