Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mission Log: 20 Feb 2013

My life is a giant mess of crazy. I'm training again. Back in October a prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, changed the world. He said that all worthy young men will have the opportunity to serve a mission at 18 years old and all worthy young women are able to serve at 19 years old. And 4 months later my life got crazy. My new companion, Sister Garn, is 19. She, Sister Petersen and I are in a trio. I am learning a lot about communication and patience and simplicity and obedience...I'm basically just learning a lot about everything. I think it's funny that any time I get to a point in my life where I even dare think "Okay, I think I know what I'm doing. I think I got a hang of this." Heavenly Father decides it's time for a new type of experience that completely throws me for a loop. 

I have to remind myself that God never gives me a challenge that I am not capable of overcoming. He always supports and qualifies me for all He asks me to do. I'm grateful for how much trust He has in me. I always want to live in a way where I will be worthy of the guidance of His Spirit. I am so dependent on that heavenly aid. I know that God lives. I know he will give me every experience and opportunity necessary to refine me. I look forward to learning and growing more than I ever have before. 

I am making dear friends on my mission. Friendship has grown to mean something different to me over the last month or so. I am supremely grateful for the people in my life who encourage me to be my best. I am grateful for the people who make good choices and seek after truth. I am grateful for prayer and the opportunity I have to develop a real relationship with my Heavenly Father. He's there. He listens. He fills any void in your soul, whether or not you even know that it's there. I am so grateful that God knows me well enough to have sent me dear friends throughout my life. People who have helped me to grow and learn; people who help me to feel and recognize the Spirit. I will seek to always be such a friend. 

Love you,

Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment