Monday, January 21, 2013

Mission Log: 21 January 2013


This week I have learned that I can, in fact, eat at a Chinese buffet for both lunch and dinner and not fall over dead at the end of the day. Though, I did feel like dying.

I've grown to really appreciate those few months I spent at home before going to South Africa. It was a time of my life when I needed answers to questions that weighed heavy on my heart. I needed to know that there really is a God, that He really does love me, and that He does in fact have a plan for me. When I was living at home for those few months I chose to really read the Book of Mormon for the first time, and suddenly the words on those pages spoke to my heart, they haven't stopped since. I chose to pray to find out if God really is there, and if Christ really is my Savior. I chose to ask if the atonement really was sufficient to save me. And God did hear my prayers. I know that trusting God is pivotal. I know that reading the scriptures helps us to understand God's will and our own purpose in this life. I know that reading the scriptures provides guidance, direction, and answers to prayer. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that the sacrifice he made will fulfill the demands of justice and offer each of us perfect mercy if we will only choose to follow Him. And how is it that we choose to follow him? We exercise faith unto repentance, we are baptized and renew those baptismal covenants often. We receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and live worthy of it. Simple things, life changing things. 

I'm grateful for the gift of agency. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to let me choose, to let me mess up, to let me learn. I love that He provided a Savior so that I may overcome all weaknesses and mistakes. I look forward to all the blessings that God has promised. 

I don't know what else to say other than I'm happy. Life is good. Miracles happen every day, God is in the details of our lives. 

Have a great day!

Love,
Jari

1 comment: