Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mission Log: 01 Oct. 2012


So it’s October now. These months just keep flying by like their nothing. Things are starting to cool down, and all the children I know are starting to parade around their Halloween costumes when I come visit their homes. I don’t know when it happened, but somewhere over the last few weeks Jersey City became my home. I have people here who I consider as close as family. I understand the driving culture and the silly slang. Crammed apartments and streets and stores no longer seem strange. It’s just how life is, and it’s a part of me. I love this place. I love these people. It’s glorious.

The other day I had to go to court to settle a parking ticket (parking in Jersey is still ridiculous). I was sworn in and had to present myself before a judge, the whole bit. I had to give my little sob story about how I’m new to Jersey and the parking signs are straight crazy, and he ended up waving the whole ticket (phew). Then he said “Welcome to Jersey, love, it’s home sweet home.” Ha. Fantastic.

It’s General Conference this weekend. There is a prophet called today! So go listen to him! www.lds.org
Seriously. Thomas S. Monson is a man called of God. He speaks the words that God needs us to hear at this time. I know that as you listen to the prophet that you will feel God’s love for you, and you will receive answers to any questions you may have. You will receive guidance and direction for your life, and for your family. So do it. 10-12 and 2-4 (Mountain Time) Saturday and Sunday.

My time has come to an end once again. I hope you are each doing wonderfully.

All my love,
Jari

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful missionary you are..your spirit shines through every letter..love it!!

    ReplyDelete