Monday, October 15, 2012

Mission Log: 15 Oct. 2012


It's getting nice and cold in Jersey. I'm starting to realize why I love Florida so much! Hopefully my blood will thicken up and I won't be such a baby in this cold :) 

I have a new companion, Hermana Herrera. She's beautiful, and wonderful and speaks beautiful Spanish and is a hard worker...being her companion is great! Now if only my geography were better and I could actually get us around Jersey City we'd be unstoppable. 

It's been a good week though. Our ward hosted a Noche de Hispanidad. SO MUCH WONDERFUL FOOD! Fun thing about serving in Jersey is that I get little pieces of the whole world! I loved being able to taste little pieces of so many different countries and see so many different dances and presentations. My ward is FULL of happy, talented people. I'm lucky to be able to serve among them. 

There is a member from our ward who is in a nursing home. Her name is Hermana Arranda. I love her with all my heart. We try to visit her each week because she's terribly lonely and the missionaries are about the only people who visit her. I love her testimony. I love how much she trusts Heavenly Father. She is going blind and deaf, she feels completely alone in the world, but she makes it through each day solely based on her confidence that the Lord will make good on His promises and that her trials in this life will be but a small moment. She is the epitome of enduring trials well. She is everything wonderful and faithful, and I hope to emulate her example. Trust in the Lord. Trust Him. When He asks you to do hard things, trust Him. When He sees fit to send you through trials, trust Him. When He asks you to sacrifice, trust that He will make it right. Heavenly Father does have a plan, and if we will choose to be submissive and follow Him, how great will be our joy. 

Also, thanks to the way mission office mail works, I got a lot of birthday love this week. Thank you all so much for all the letters and packages, I'm such a blessed girl. I really appreciate the love and encouragement. Ya'll are the best! 

Read your scriptures, say your prayers, keep the commandments. 

Love,
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment