Monday, October 22, 2012

Mission Log: 22 October 2012

"I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work." -Elder Bruce R. McConkie

That is what I am here to do. 

This week we had our zone conference. The age change for missionaries means that our mission is projected to gain ~100 missionaries between January and July (I think I'm saying all the numbers right) anyway, right now we only have 20 sister missionaries and we're projected to reach 80. 80 SISTERS! 80 young women ready to serve the Lord. I'm biased towards the girls, because I am one. I am so excited to have them join our mission bringing with them talents, strength, and the trust of the Lord. The world is changing!


I've learned that simple truths can change our lives. Like this: God is our Heavenly Father, and he loves each of us. Do you get it? YOU are a child of the most powerful being in the universe. YOU are important to Him. Do you get it? Do you feel it? Do you understand it? It's true. I promise it's true! If you don't know it, pray and ask God Himself and He will answer you. Ask Him if He loves you. Ask Him if you are His child. Just ask Him, because he wants you to know it. 

This has been a wonderful week. I've seen miracles. Lives change when we put our trust in God and keep the commandments He has given us. 

Be good, make good choices, stay gorgeous. 

All my love,
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment