Monday, October 8, 2012

Mission Log: 08 October, 2012


It was a wonderful weekend. I love that God speaks to a Prophet today. I love that this weekend I was able to listen to the Prophet and receive guidance and direction. The best, it was the best! If you didn’t have a chance to listen then you should go to http://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2012/10?lang=eng and check it out. I recommend talks by Thomas S. Monson, Russell M. Nelson, Jeffrey R. Holland, and Don R. Clarke. Or all of them, all the talks are wonderful and will change your life forever. Do it. Go listen.

In other news, New Jersey is officially freezing. It happened over night, seriously. I’m not a fan at all. I like warm states. I’m trying to see if I can track down some gloves and earmuffs and things…Oh I just hate being cold. Okay. I’m done complaining. Even though it’s cold it’s still beautiful, and it smells like Christmas basically every single day. So that’s nice. AND the Grenne Family sent me lots of apple cider and hot chocolate and Courtney and Israel sent delicious cookies so that’s been keeping my insides warm. Thanks everyone, ya’ll are the best!

Oh, and the elders in my zone decided that the zone goal for October was actually going to be a challenge…the title “who can beat the sisters.” I just realized that I might be speaking mission lingo. Maybe someone in my family will be nice and decipher that sentence.


I’m out of time, like always. I hope you’re each having a wonderful week. 

Words from Annalee.

So Jari and Sister Lowry are the only Sister (women) companionship in their Zone, the rest are all Elders (men). Heres the break down of a Zone, missionaries serve in a certain area. The few areas make up a district, and a few districts make up a Zone. Each companionship and Zone set goals each month, and because the Sisters (Jari and Sis. Lowry) have been beating the Elders, one of the goals turned challenge for Oct. is to see which set of Elders can beat the Sisters in the Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment