Monday, April 1, 2013

Mission Log: 1 April 2013


I realized far too late in the game that today is April Fool’s day and I have no good jokes planned, shameful!

In other news, I was bit by a dog this week. I’m officially a “real” missionary. I was on an exchange with too English sisters and we had no set appointments so we started knocking doors. While we were knocking this random dog runs by with a leash and no owner. So we decided that there was probably someone somewhere looking for this dog. So we continued knocking doors and asking everyone if the dog was theirs and if it wasn’t their dog if they perchance would be interested in learning more about Jesus Christ. It was just a really strange day. Anyway at one point Dexter, the dog, decided that he was fed up with us he bit me, then he bit Sister Dorneles, and they he tried to escape through a fence. But, alas, we were victorious over the dog. Not only that, but after about an hour or so we finally met the owner. It was a Kenyan family and they know Mormons and are just fine with the idea of learning more about our message. All in a day’s work.
Spring is finally showing up. I love Spring. It’s interesting to me how much I appreciate the warm weather when the memory of cold, dark days is fresh in my mind. When we were walking the other day I ended up stopping right in my tracks and for just a little bit stood in the road with my head to the sky and my arms outstretched just soaking up the sun. It felt good.

To make a little analogy, I wonder if we thought about the gospel the way we think about Spring if we would talk about it more and share it more. Does that make sense. Imagine a world where all your friends live in constant winter. Cold and dark all day every day while you live in springtime. Wouldn’t you tell them about how wonderful the sunshine is, how beautiful the flowers are, and how great it is to live in constant spring? Wouldn’t you invite them to come visit and see and feel for themselves how great spring in? I would! If we would be so quick to share things that bring happiness in every other facet of our lives, why wouldn’t we share the gospel. The knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives, and that his atonement is sufficient to save us from death and despair. Just something to think about.

General Conference is coming up this weekend. I’m so excited to hear from a living prophet of God! Have a wonderful day, I love you a lot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment