Monday, April 15, 2013

Mission Log: 15 April 2013



All is well and beautiful in the garden state. I feel like I talk about the beauty of New Jersey every week, but the thing is that it is JUST THAT beautiful. There are blossoms showing up everywhere and it just makes you feel like you’re walking in paradise. I love it!

We didn’t have very many set appointments this week, so from the onset I knew we would be spending a lot of time knocking doors. We ended up meeting and teenage boy and his grandfather from Sierra Leon who love fish and were cleaning out fish tanks and wanted to talk all about fish. Thanks to my brother-in-law, Blake I can know just enough about fish and tanks to keep a conversation going and they ended up letting us come in to teach them. Turns out that other members of their family belong to our church, they even had a Book of Mormon there and went to get it while we were talking. The mentioned that they had never read the Book of Mormon and didn’t really understand what it was. So we explained and read with them. The Book of Mormon in itself really is a miracle. It testifies of Christ. Reading the Book of Mormon builds faith in the Savior and increases our desire to follow His teachings. I love reading the Book of Mormon with people.

Also in our knocking we came to one door and the woman would not answer. At first she told us that she had just gotten out of the shower and she told us to come back in a few minutes. When we came back she said she was on the phone and we should come another time. We figured that she just wasn’t interested, so we went on walking. As we were walking we heard a woman calling “Senoras! Misioneras!” It was the lady! So we went back and taught her.

We just had a lot of moments where I felt like we were in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. I love that feeling! 

I love the gospel. I love sharing it. I love watching lives change as people apply the principles of faith and repentance. I love rejoicing with my friends when they are baptized and confirmed. I love supporting others as they endure to the end. I love sharing in the work of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment