Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunshine

It's spring time. The sun is out. I write my blog like a "See Spot Run" book.

Really though, I don't require much to be happy when the sun is out. But hey, it's been a good week and deserves to be noted.

1. I have a wildly unhealthy addiction to LOST. I cancelled a date so that I could sit home, alone, and watch it. Close friends of mine have come to terms with the fact that in order to be able to understand me in conversation they should probably watch the show, and one friend has even dedicated himself to getting completely caught up. Right now he is in the midst of season 4 and should be caught up in time for Tuesday bliss. I know it's stupid, and silly, and ridiculous how much I love this show. I also don't care. It will be ending soon and then I will return to a normal functioning pattern...or I'll start flash forward...whichever.

2. Contrary to popular belief, I'm a good cook. This week was evidence of that. My favorite concoction was the banana bread, and really why wouldn't it be? But yes, I like to cook. I like it even more when it distracts me from doing homework. Yep.

3. Todo lists. They bring peace into my life. I have 25 todo's left on my list for the semester. I think this is accomplishable, we shall see.

4. I have an awesome mentor partner (we will be training student leaders together at the beginning of next semester). He made me dinner this week on a night I thought I was going to go hungry. This made me happy. He also has a lot of insight as to what we should teach our students, I love working with him. I'm lucky to be surrounded by such awesome people.

5. Timber makes me happy. She and I had necessary girl talk this week. Complete with reading through middle school journal entries, and more junk food than any person should consume on a Thursday night.

6. Pi Sigma Alpha (the Political Science Honor Society) is finally up and running! I love that I am able to be a part of this. I love my major, and I love being president of an organization that caters to my major. I love that we finally have guest speakers scheduled. I love that we finally have events planned and are executing them. I love it. I hope it lasts.

7. The devotional promotional DVD is finally finished. We filmed our last segment on friday, the editing should be done sometime in the middle of this week. I am SO excited to see the final product. So many people have put so much work into it and I'm so glad that it's finished and ready to be seen!

8. Only 20 days until the end of the semester. Only 34 more days until I leave for Mexico. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

9. I'm planning the most epic trip ever for this summer, and I have awesome people on board. This might actually happen. I am stoked out of my mind.

10. I hit an awesome sale yesterday, and now own a headlamp, a camelbak that I've had my eye on for months, and some chacos. I am ready to adventure!

11. For the first time ever I finished a Sudoku puzzle all by myself! It's taken a while, sure. But I'm proud of myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment