Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In a state of SUNSHINE

Monday through Thursday of last week are pretty insignificant to me. I woke up, I did homework, I ate, I spent time with people I love. They were days, they were good days, but they were in the way of something much more exciting. . . a mid-semester trip home!

Friday afternoon I boarded a plane, read a wonderful book the whole flight, and 6 hours later was picked up by one of my most favorite people in the whole world, Brandon. We talked, listened to good music, got food, and then met up with Drew and Blake. I love all of these boys. They make me laugh so hard. They make me think. They make me realize my potential. I really would be completely lost without each of them and am so grateful for having them in my life.

Then, the main event!

My mom is my hero. I absolutely love her and am so incredibly proud of her. She has worked over a year preparing for this half marathon. Her sister flew out to run it with her and I am so impressed by both of them. They are wonderful women, and will always be examples to me. Annalee is also an awesome lady, and she ran too.



Rochelle and I were given the honored roles of cheerleaders. We yelled "caw-caw" as loud as we could and dutifully followed our runners around the disney parks to cheer them on. We even got cool shirts. I couldn't have asked for a better cheering buddy. I learn so much from her every time we talk. I hope I can emulate her. Really my mom and aunts are some of the best women to walk this earth.



The finish was kind of emotional. Annalee and Char did terrific! We are all so happy and proud of both of them. Mom, after all her hard work, got a stress fracture. She was picked up after pushing through a little over seven miles. I am still so proud of her, and I love her stubborn nature and that she wasn't giving up with out a long hard battle. She's going to keep training, and next year I'm running it with her. She'll do it, I know she will. She is strong, beautiful, and determined. Nothing stands in-between her and her dreams. I admire her for all that she does, and that I've learned from her, and all that she inspires me and others to be.

The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the beautiful sun, napping, long wonderful chats with family and friends. AND I got to go do wedding shindigs with Annalee, I have pictures. . .but I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post them. Let's just say that the girl was made to wear a wedding dress. She looks like a princess in every single one. I am so excited for her and for this new step that she's taking in her life. She is smart, beautiful, and so full of life and Blake is lucky to have her. We love Blake too, and are so happy to have him as part of the family. So without further adieu, I present the first Santos Family picture that includes the Russ addition.



1 comment:

  1. YaY!!! I wish I could've seen her trying on dresses... I bet she looks amazing! We are so happy that she gets to join the russ craziness! Congrats on EFY! My soon to be sister in law does it and she LOVES it!!

    ReplyDelete