Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunshining

It has been a hard week, there is evidence of it in the messy and disorganized state of my room. However, there have been lots of mini accomplishments, lots of things to make me smile.


1. I am so so so so SO close to being done with the Devotional Promotional DVD, I will be so excited to see the final product. Probably not as excited to watch my bad acting, but still.

2. I'll be home in 6 days. In Florida. Surrounded by people I love. The weather forecast is good. 6 days!

3. I keep getting little phone calls from home. Some from my mommy when she gets home from a run. Some from my sister while she's driving. Some from bud when he has something cool to say and I'm the one he wants to tell. Daddy, who calls me on accident a lot, but then ends up having things to talk about regardless. Even from Blake, who really is practically family anyway, making sure I'm alive and rubbing in things that I miss out on. I love them all. I love our miniature through out the day conversations.

4. Not miniature conversations. Annalee and I talked for 2 and a half hours Wednesday afternoon. Neither of us had much motivation to do anything productive, including shower, so we just sat and talked about everything from China to our little house back in Belleview. It was great. I miss that little one.

5. I finished so much homework. I gave two, hour long political science presentations, gave a 20 minute presentation in Spanish, put a rather large dent in my presidential paper, did an annotated bibliography for my population control paper, read 3 short stories in Spanish and did write ups on them. . . I did a lot of homework. AND I never have to do another presentation in Winter 2010 EVER again!

6. I ate delicious Mexican food


7. I was summoned from my bed on Friday night to hear happy stories from two of my favorites, Kallie and Bruce. Being around them makes me feel like I can conquer the world. They're great

8. Went on a field trip of the Kirkam and Snow buildings. . .BYU-Idaho has cool stuff. We also played some intense elevator tag.

9. Family Dinners! Randi and Devin, Jordan, Blake, and I have been slacking this semester. But we finally got together on Wednesday night and had family dinner. We laughed at Blake's story, talked about why dating is stupid, and made Randi tell us all about her pregnancy. I love family.

10. Brazilian birthday party. I had forgotten how much I simply adore the loud music, louder conversation, and good food complemented with good company. It was a rather nostalgic evening, but I loved every minute of it.

11. Sunday hikes

I'm terribly excited for this coming week. I'm excited to
watch Lion King in Spanish, to eat yummy food with dear friends, to talk and laugh, but mostly to board that airplane and go back to the sanctuary I call home!

No comments:

Post a Comment