Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Security Salesman or Sex Offender?

So, we're all told at a young age not to talk to strangers. We're also given the classic example of a creepy man in a van who will try to tempt you over with promises of candy. We are told to not look this man in the eye, to not talk to him because he's a stranger, and to find someone we know quickly.

That memory in mind, as I was walking home from class today I noticed a van parked on the side of the road. Inside that van was a very sketchy looking, bearded man, wearing a hoodie.

As a boy walked by the van, I overheard this conversation:

Sketchy Man: He Buddy, What's going on?

Boy: Umm...nothing much, just walking to class.

Sketchy Man: You're looking a little cold there. Why don't you come here and get some hot chocolate, and I have donuts too.

Boy: No, it's cool. I'm going to be late.

Sketchy Man: No man, come on. It'll really warm you up. I promise I won't keep you long.

Then the boy completely violated the childhood rule and went over. Now, it was at this time that I noticed the sign on the side of the van and that it belonged to the security company Pinnacle. And I figured they were probably trying to recruit this young lad to be one of their summer salesmen. BUT STILL! It creeped me out and made me laugh all at the same time.

Mazel tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment