Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

1. First and foremost the Olympics are back! Which means that I sit down with a bag of chocolates to ooh and awe over the amazing athletic ability of these people. I love the representation of sportsmanship. I love the running of flags and playing of national anthems. My heart is full of joy when I watch someone accomplish their goal, and breaks when I watch a crushed dream. I love the torch lighting, the commercials, the stories, the perfect anatomy of the athlete. I have never made it all the way through the games without shedding a tear, I don't mind that too much.

2. Family who lets me come over and sleep in a comfy bed, and eat homemade food, and go see movies about Queen Victoria. Aunt Rochelle's house is definitely one of my happy places and this was a very timely visit.

3. I had my EFY interview this week, and even though my mind was freaking out the entire timeI feel like I did fairly well. Even though the interviewer was intimidating and never smiled I said exactly what I wanted to say, that's the best I could hope for. Now it's just a waiting game.

4. Bruce gave me half a loaf of homemade bread. I am eternally grateful. That is all.

5. Kallie Johnson and Timber Muhlestein make my heart smile. I'm so glad that I was introduced to "Male Prima Donna," that we had girl talk until the wee hours of the morning, and that we have plans to do triathlons and hike the narrows. These girls inspire me, remind me of my strengths, and make me laugh really really hard.

6. I saw Sunshine tonight. I love her, and had missed her a lot. She makes me feel so good about myself, so inspired, and so loved by both her and my Heavenly Father. I hope to amount to half the miraculous woman that she is.

7. My ticket to Florida has officially been purchased. I'm coming home for a weekend in March. I get to cheer on Mama Santos as she runs her half marathon. I get to see sissy, and little brother, and daddy, and mama. I get to see Blake for the first time in over 2 years. I get to enjoy the humidity. I'm just super super stoked!

8. LOST. Claire is alive, but she's not herself. I think that she has the same "madness" that Rousseau's people had. I don't know. I don't know how I feel about this, and I'm starting to wonder if Jacob is the bad guy.

9. I'm really busy. I have lots of flattering opportunities. Planning the Pre Professional Conference, helping out with Get Prepared, maybe getting elected as president of Pi Sigma Alpha. I just stinking love it!

This week has been really busy. In all honesty, I don't even remember a lot of it. But All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment