Friday, February 19, 2010

Napping Procedure

So, I don't get enough sleep at night, ever. This is fact. It is due to this fact that I can often times be found sleeping in random places on the campus of BYU-Idaho.

This week you may have seen me in the Taylor Chapel, completely sprawled out on a pew during an organ recital. These recitals, might I add, were successfully interrupted by my obnoxious stretching and lip smacking when I decided it was time to wake up.

Didn't see me there? Well, maybe you saw me curled up underneath a row of desks in the library. I would be the girl clutching/cuddling my laptop and muttering in my sleep. Some kind students decided it would be fun to see how close they could get to me without waking me. Another group of people decided to start a loud debate as to whether or not I was actually sleeping out in the open like that, as if I were being indecent or something. Napping is a necessity, people!

Still no luck? Well then maybe you're one of those kind souls who thought I was a nice stranger to sit next to during devotional. If you are one of these wonderful, sweet-hearted people, I apologize for ignoring your need for personal space, for nuzzling your shoulder, and for possibly drooling on you. It wasn't intentional. I just cuddle in my sleep, I don't really have control over it.

I'm trying to work on my napping procedures, and choice of locations. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be really ambitious and actually sleep at night so that I'm not tired through out the day. Until then keep an eye out, I could be seen sleeping anywhere, or on anyone...'s shoulder that is.

1 comment:

  1. oh girl, college just does that to you!! I had some totally awesome spots at BYU (and some not so awesome, but DESPERATE, spots too!) One of my worst was the hard tile floor of the PE BUILDING!!! Yeah, I feel you here!!

    ReplyDelete