Monday, August 26, 2013

Mission Log: 12 August 2013


chickens!


Quick story for this week:
Sister Stevens and I aren’t allowed to use our car on Thursdays. We set up an appointment for someone who lives 4 miles away and decided that we’d walk rather than ride bikes. While we were walking Sister Stevens saw a bunch of geese and said, “I really want to run through all those geese and watch them fly away.” So I put down my bag and we chased geese for a little bit. Then on the other side of the road we saw a bunch of chickens running around. It’s been a while since I’ve seen chickens, so we went over there to check them out. Then this random shirtless man drove up to us, they were his chickens. It turns out that he lives on cemetery property and also has a huge chicken coop, a couple ducks, and one dog. He gave us a bunch of feed and gave us a tour of the place. I kind of felt like I was living in a horror movie, but it was too fun to pass up.
I love all the random people that we meet. I love how willing people are to talk to us and invite us to learn more about their lives. In the same way I love telling people about the gospel, because it is what brings me the most happiness in my life. More than anything missionary work for me is making a ton of new friends each day and telling all of them the things that make me most happy in life and inviting them to get on the happy train. If it sounds like a party, it’s because it is!

Have a great day.
Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment