Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mission Log: 29 July 2013


My companion takes funny pictures of me. 


I don’t have any exciting stories or pictures to share this week. I had a wonderful week, but most of what I did probably won’t make for an interesting read. I wish I could just let everyone borrow the feelings in my heart for a little bit. I wish I could let you feel just how happy I am.
I have the privilege of telling everyone I meet that God is their Heavenly Father and that He wants each of us and our families to be happy FOREVER! I met a sweet, older Peruvian couple yesterday. They are strong in their faith and they love God. It was incredible to watch their faces as I told them that they could be together and with their children and other family forever. That the love and joy they find in their family doesn’t have to end when this life does. We talked about a lot of things, but that part of our conversation stood out to me the most. Words don’t do justice to the feeling of hope that I felt with that sweet couple. I don’t know if I’ll ever see them again, but I know what I shared with them is true and I know that they felt it.
Yesterday I gave a talk at church. I spoke about how “The Hope of God’s Light” (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/the-hope-of-gods-light?lang=eng) I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who offers us light as we may be surrounded by the darkness of difficulty and struggle.
I love you all.
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment