Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mission Log: 22 July 2013


ferry to my town.

Me and the Lady
too much sun. hurricane sandy left overs. and new york. and me. all in one picture!

Ellis Island
Jersey is pretty.


This week I was able to serve at Liberty Island. After the hurricane our service at Ellis Island was disrupted and now the foundation we work with is stationed under the shadow of Lady Liberty. It was incredible to be there and to realize how much I love meeting people. I love hearing their stories. I met people from literally all over the world and they would tell me about their heritage and what brought them to the Statue. While we were serving I was reminded of the importance of the family. Most of the people there were on vacation with their family or searching out ancestors who came through Ellis Island or just wanted to talk about their family in general. It was fun for me to listen to them and share some of my own stories.
I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father who created us with such a wonderful capacity to love. I am grateful that He prepared a perfect plan that allows us to be with our families forever if we will be obedient to His commandments. I love my family. They’re the greatest people I know. I am grateful for the lessons I learn from their incredible examples of faith and trust in the Lord. Keeping them forever is the greatest blessing. I love teaching others about how they can be with their families forever.
I live a charmed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment