Monday, October 14, 2013

Mission Log: 14 October 2013




We went crabbing again!

 crab!
  the district
we took the train to the temple. it was the first time any of them rode the train. they hated the train :)
Something that I have come to appreciate is the joy that comes from repentance. I spend most of my days with people who have to make big and often difficult changes to put their lives in harmony with God’s commandments. I watch them struggle. I pray from them. We talk and read the scriptures together. They are my friends, more like my family really. This week was one of rejoicing. I listened as my friends told me of the great peace they feel personally and in their families. I listened to their stories of gratitude for the changes they have made and the blessings they have seen as a result. Christ asks us to trust him and repent because he wants us to have joy. I am so grateful to may Savior for making all good things possible for me and for the people that I love. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me! (Doctrine and Covenants 18: 15&16)
Have a great week!
Love,
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment