Monday, October 7, 2013

Mission Log: 29 Sept. 2013


The branch!



Birthday cake #1, really early in the morning.
 
The english sisters, me (in the tiara, classic birthday), and Sister Kranewitter!
 

The bought me TINKER BELL balloons!
 

This weekend is general conference. I hope everyone is as excited as I am! We get to hear from a living prophet and apostles as they share with us the things that God wants us to know so that we can be happy and successful. We will learn the things we need to do to protect our families from temptations and how to endure trials. We will receive guidance. We will better understand the scriptures. We will learn how to use the atonement of Jesus Christ more fully in our lives. We will feel the love of God. This is the greatest weekend of fall, and I am pumped!
The more I work with people the more I realize that we all have questions. We all want to know our Heavenly Father better. We all need direction in life. If you will watch general conference and pray that you can receive answers to your questions I know they will come.
In the relief society general broadcast on Saturday night I came with a question on I got a clear answer. Sometimes I make comparisons that rob me from joy, I wanted to know how I can be more happy. As I listened one of the speakers suggested that when we are being self-critical we should ask ourselves “is this how Heavenly Father wants me to feel?” I instantly realized that I am a little hyper and sometimes I hold myself to ridiculous standards of excellence and then beat myself up for not accomplishing them. That’s not what Heavenly Father wants for me. I know that as I focus on the feelings of peace, love, and comfort that he promises me in the scriptures that it will be easier to be happy.
See, easy right. Ask questions. Open our hearts. Receive answers.
Watch General Conference, you won’t regret it.
Love yous,
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment