Monday, October 7, 2013

Mission Log: 3 Sept 2013



We saw a toad in the road and I made Sister Stevens get in a picture with it.
 
Meet Carlos
It’s September. It’s easily the most beautiful, wonderful month of the whole year. I love it. It is such an honor to have my birthday in such a fantastic month. Realizing how fast this year has gone by has made me want to appreciate moments more fully.
Something I am learning about my life is that it is so easy to feel nostalgia for the past or excitement for the future, but it is sometimes so difficult to be content with the right now. The funny thing is that before I got here I was looking forward to being here (wherever “here” happens to be at the time) and after I leave here I know that I will look back with fond memories and miss it. To quote Mama Santos “be happy while you’re here ‘cause there’s no here there.” She’s very wise.  God wants us to be happy, right now. He is willing to help us to be happy, we just have to choose it.
If we choose to see the many miracles Heavenly Father has blessed us with TODAY I know we will be more grateful and happier. Today I am grateful for fall colors, Chinese buffets, and SPANISH!
Have a great day.
Love,
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment