Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mission Log: 28 October 2013


Today is the anniversary of Hurricane Sandy. I know that it was a really devastating event, oh how much I know about the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, but thinking about this day last year just sends me into a fit of giggles. Last year I was in a small apartment with 5 of my greatest friends. We were attempting to make frozen pizzas with no stove. We were playing random family reunion games to keep ourselves distracted from the fact that we couldn’t go out and teach the gospel. We were struggling with the most disgusting of plumbing issues as the bathtub kept filling up with “poo water.” I had just broken our brand new phone. We had no gas. Everything was going not according to plan and there was nothing to do but just enjoy the ride and laugh, and I still laugh when I think about it.
I am mostly impressed by how much I have felt in just a years’ time. I am amazed at how much I have learned to love. I am grateful for difficult moments, moments when I was certain the emotional pain alone was enough to kill me. I am grateful for the chances I have had to come to know my Savior better and to appreciate the atonement. I am grateful for the power and guidance I receive as I depend on him. There are still so many things I need to work on, but I know that if I am humble enough to accept that I can’t do it alone that I will be blessed to see the hand of the Lord in my life. I love the gospel. I love my Savior. I love teaching the gospel and feeling the truth of it myself. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment